Hello all. After Alan recommended the Denon 2309 to me I began to do a good deal of reading about Denon AVR's. I want to establish a surround sound set up primarily and a HT secondarily. I am also thinking of a future purchase that may include a Blue Ray carousal player with sacd and dvd surround capability (if such a player exists...I really haven't researched this yet). In any case there seems to be so many decoding technologies and different modes etc... It is very confusing to me. But I do need an AVR and from my reading Denon is really up there. By the way I plan on purchasing the M60's. I already have a sub. In any case the prices for 2309 compared to sales prices for the older 2308 and other model 09-08 comparisons (e.g. 2809 vs.2808) have great price differences. I am sure they are equivalent performers so the question is...do I need the latest technologies? Is the 2309 that much more advanced over the 2308 to be worth the higher price? I am using this model as an example because I would like a phono input as well. I just would like some opinions to help me decide so your personal point of view, advice and expertise is very welcome....Thanks to you all...Lee