Hi boatasiaus,

When you say that the KEFs' and JMs' sound bright, do you mean as in sparkling/shimmering or do you mean the more negative conotation: over emphisized treble?

I have the 4th generation Q series KEFs (Q75, Q15, and Q95C) and they sound anything but "bright". They have the typical "British sound" often described as "polite" (rolled off highs) but a very smooth sounding mid range. They suite me just fine for Home Theater especially when the sound track is excessively "bright". And you're right, they do have a nice open presentation in that the sound flows out rather than forced out like some that I've heard like the B&Ws (please don't flame, its' just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.....) I found the Q1 to have pretty much the same charateristics(haven't heard the Q2s or Q9C). Having said that, I much prefer my Axiom M22s over the KEFs for critical two chanel music listening. The M22s have a more "honest" presentation: open, balanced frequency range and no nonsense "British or American or Canadian"...just very pleasantly neutral (to my ears, in my room). I must say here that I also have Magnepans which I absouletly adore for much the same reason that I like the M22s and more.

I haven't heard the JM Labs Chorus but I did hear some JM Labs car audio speakers which were in a wall display at Car Toys.....WOW! I fell in love with those speakers just from that crappy audition at Car Toys. I toyed with the idea of trying to stick some of those in my wall somewhere. Not really-but the thought did cross my mind.

I listened to the Paradigms' and I liked them a lot but I didn't hear anything that would drag me away from my M22s.

The Axiom speakers have an incredibly high price/quality ratio and are hard to beat at even four times the price. I suggest you order a pair of Axioms' and listen for yourself. It will only cost you the return shipping should you decide you don't like them. Thats' what I did....I bought them just to audition them in my own home fully intending to return them and take the hit on shipping because I had to see for myself if all the great reviews(from writers I respected) were right. I liked them so much, I never returned them.

I urge you to try the Axioms' before you buy anything else and while you're at it try some Kirin Ichiban...(it will cause you to make longer posts and use you real name).

Sincerely yours,
Mike Campo

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.