Our basement refinishing project finally is almost done (hope to post pictures at some point), and this past weekend I set up the home theater system. Watched Dark Night last night on BluRay, and now have a question (I'd never watched BluRay at home before). The player I use is the PS3, connected to my AVR via HDMI. While watching I noticed that the audio format was displayed as PCM, and I could not change that on the AVR. Doing some research today, it appears that PCM is actually a good format (it certainly sounded good). The question I have is this. When looking at the PS3 manual, it says: "When using an HDMI cable, only [Linear PCM 2 Ch.] audio will be output from PlayStation®2 and PlayStation® format software. To output Dolby Digital or DTS audio, you must connect the PS3™ system and the audio device using a digital optical cable and switch to [Digital Out (Optical)] under [Audio Output Settings]." This language confuses me, since it switches from talking about the PS2 in the first sentence to the PS3 in the second. In any event, my concern is the reference to 2 Ch. Output--am I losing something by using HDMI and apparently limiting the output to 2 channel output? If it matters, my AVR is the Panasonic Elite 72TXV.

As in the past, your thoughts are much appreciated. I have to say, the Axioms sound incredible in my new space.