What operating system are you using?
What version of PowerDVD do you have?
What receiver are you using? (the AVM 20 in you sig?)
What sound management software does the Asus Xonar D2X use?

Originally Posted By: Riker

B. RCA cable from S/PDIF outup of Xonar to AUX of receiver

Unfortunately I know computers much better than audio receivers so I’m really confused that you are getting any sound at all while hooked up to anything but an S/PDIF input on your receiver unless the AUX is and S/PDIF input. If you have a specific S/PDIF input on the receiver I would try that.

Do you get any DVD audio while hooked up to the AUX input or Winamp audio while hooked up to the DVD input.?

I’m not sure if all versions of PowerDVD are the same but try going into the audio tab of the configuration menu and setting speaker environment to “use S/PDIF” if it’s not already.

If you are using Vista go to the (Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Manage Audio Devices > Playback tab > select “Digital output Devices (SPDIF) > click on “Properties” > under the “supported formats tab check the formats your receiver supports > open Advanced tab > check “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device” and “give exclusive mode applications priority”

If you are using XP then the audio management software for the card is where you will make most of your configurations setting but I don’t know what your card uses. I’m pretty sure you won’t want to be using PCM for movies. You might have a “pass through” setting which will send the compressed DVD audio to the receiver for decoding.

Sorry if none of this is any help. With more information we might be able to narrow things down.

Quote:

The picture works great, my PC screen is reflected on my TV, just like a REALLY BIG monitor..

Isn’t it cool. I’ve been using my Samsung DLP as my primary computer monitor for over 2 years. I’ll never go back to a standard monitor except for building new computers, diagnostics and monitoring mundane processes.

Cheers,
Dean

P.S. as usual you want to make sure you have the latest drivers for everything.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1