My six year old son keeps wanting a PS3, XBOX 360, or Wii. Whenever we go to Costco, he pulls me to the isle where they have the PS3 and Wii. I am not a big fan of electronic games. He has a Nintendo DS and I am still doubtful whether it was a good purchase as he can get fixated to it on long family drives. Nevertheless, I don't feel good walking out of Costco without a gaming console and a teary eyed six-year old. I even put the PS3 in the cart one day, bought it, and then returned it right after the check out counter; talk about torturing your child. I think I may give in soon and buy something, but I don't know what to buy. Costco's online store has a PS3 package that comes with a remote controller for the DVD/BD part and two dualshock controllers. I see many folks writing how happy they are with the PS3, but not sure if their comments relate to its gaming capacity or DVD/BD features. I also heard that XBOX 360 has more games and better graphics. I just don't know which one to buy. I would greatly appreciate your input. One thing I definitely don't want is violent games no matter how good the graphics, etc may be. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ihifi; 03/30/09 03:28 PM.

John
Our HT