I've read from a couple of different sources that say yes the DLP bulbs do get dim with age, seems like the AV shop where we bought ours told me that the picture will be late turning on whenever the bulb is nearing the end of it's useful life and I've also read on another forum that a forum member had his bulb pop and explode which made for a mess with the glass pieces scattered over the inside of the TV ... a situation I surly don't want to get into.

Our DLP has been getting dimmer and dimmer over the past couple of months and I'll be replacing the bulb straight from Mitsubishi probably in the next, well I guess few minutes while it's on my mind. Our TV is supposed to have a time to replace bulb display whenever it is time but I'm thinking the fellas from Mitsubishi may have forgot to program that into our set, it's only been four years on a bulb that most say should be replaced every 2.5 to 3 years. Wonder if some dude driving around in a Galant is curious to know why a 'Time to replace TV bulb' light keeps coming on the instrument panel of his car now.

Thanks for the reminder Mark! \:\)

Oh yea, anybody have an idea how to reset the 'Change Oil' display light on a Mitsubishi WD-73727?

Rick
Our Room

smile