At this moment I am listening to the SACD version of "Dark Side of the Moon". I have listened to it twice in the last 24 hours. I have owned "Dark Side" in at least 4 different formats, and have listened to it literally thousands of times in the last 25 years, and I am now hearing things that I never heard before. What an achievement! The rest of the Pink Floyd catalogue begs for the same treatment! Wouldn't "Echoes" sound divine in 5.1?

I finally have my speakers positioned right for multi channel audio. At first, I was sending the rear channels to my surrounds (QS4's located about 4 feet above, 3 feet in front, and 8 feet to the side of my listening position). Now the rear channel signals are being sent to my rear speakers, a set of relatively ancient JBL Pro III's, located 1 foot behind, and six feet to the side of the listenting position at ear level.

What a difference! I am now firmly convinced that if one is going to play any multi channel audio, that the rear speakers of a 7.1 setup should be monopoles, set up close to ear level.

Right now my rears are on stands to the sides of my sofa, but I am going to get some M2's, and mount them with full metal brackets a couple of feet above the listening position (as a compromise to their function as rear surrounds for movies) 6-8 feet to the sides of, and slightly behind the listening position, aimed right at the listener.

The combination of M60 x 2, M2 x 2, VP100 and VTF-2 should make for awesome SACD and DVD-A listening!

"Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff"