SC-07's are great. While it does not have quite the number of whiz-bang features that the 3808 has (the SC's GUI is poor, no upscaling of HDMI inputs, no OSD of source/voulme, no user-firmware updates, etc) , its B&O designed ICE class D amplifiers are amazing. Efficient and cool. While I've not heard the SC-07, the SC-05 was simply lovely with my M80's. Crisp & clean but also rich & warm, up to very high volume levels. I don't know whether it was the amps or the MCACC calibration, but it sounded a lot better than what OdysseyXT on the Onkyo 876 did, Odyssey on or off. Same room, same speakers.

And the real treat is that you can find SC-05's and SC-07's for way less than MSRP. Do a search on Videogon or look through the AVS threads about the SC05/07. A month ago, when I was looking at them, I had located a dealer that would have sold me an SC-05 for about $750 or an SC-07 for about $950. Didn't pull the trigger, because I'm waiting for Emotiva's UMC-1, but I almost did for those prices.

Good luck.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 04/13/09 04:05 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office