Sorry PSpee and guys, I know the word sound to make a point was a bad choice of words. So I will try again, The best way to put it is base management, detail, and imaging. I know that the x-over in a speaker doesn't care if it is a watt from rotel or denon. It only cares if it is getting enough power, to little or to much power it cares. Yes the x-over gives the speaker its sound. The only reason I made the analogy of the Anthem and the Rotel with the same amps and the same speakers, was to point out the difference in the base management, detail, and imaging. With the Anthem I had to turn down the sub volume on the sub, it was set different with the Rotel. Watching movies the way each unit imaged was different. The other thing I could listen to the speakers louder with the Anthem than the Rotel. I guess you could chalk that up to the signal path of the Anthem. So PSpee if you want to future proof your system seperates are not a bad way to go, plus you would not have to worry about the M80's dropping down to what ever ohm load. Zimm you could add an amp to your 3808 and your right your speakers would not sound a bit different, base management, detail, and imaging would all be the same, because it is the same control unit. That amp would get you closer to getting some seperates. The one thing that you would have to change is to put that amp on it's own electrical circuit. Like I said sorry that I opened up them worms. Happy hunting PSpee.

Gieseman