Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
I already have a Vista PC in the living room, and the Tuttle Family Technology Czar refuses to either increase the acquisition budget or support multiple platforms.

I have copper; the only things that are on the wireless are periodic uses of the laptop and the Wii (because it seems to work this way without me spending the money on the USB-to-ethernet dongle).

You guys are not giving me great confidence that Netflix streaming via 15Mbps Comcast cable is going to be "satisfying".

I guess my question remains... How would I - in a networked Windows environment - best provide DVR functionality and an elegant user interface for OTA HD?

I looked at the El Gato products (thanks!). They seem pretty Mac-centric. Is AVS the best place to learn about such things?

15Mbps should be MORE than enough for a good Netflix stream. My coworker moved from DSL to Comcast, granted he gets crazy rates of 20 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up (yes, you read that right). Using Netflix on his Series 3 Tivo, he can get full 'HD' streaming according to the Netflix meter. You should be fine.