David,
How many people were to travel to the wedding location? Julie and I got married 7-7-07 in Northern Ca. (just south of Monterey) on the cliffs above the beach. It was at Seascape Resort. We had plans to have 150 person or so wedding in town at a local church in Oct, then we decided in June to skip all the planning/ wedding day anxiety and had just our minister, her husband (friends of mine) and us for the ceremony on the cliff. At the main Seascape Resort there was a large fancy wedding going on. All we had done was book a room at the resort and used their property. It was away from their main areas. It was very easy, and inexpensive.

Obviously if you have a larger group, this freebie ceremony would not quite work. Also, the vacation aspect would be much better in Hawaii for sure.

PS. We were at a family get together not long after our decision to go simple when I mentioned in passing our new plan for the 'just us' Seascape ceremony... The family said WHAAAAT? We had forgotten to share our new decision prior to that.

It was not the first marriage for either of us, so simple just felt better. The family understood after they got over the surprise. For (especially the bride's) first[s][/s] only wedding, the 'very' small option may not be one. ;o)

Sorry to hear your wedding plans were dashed. That is a difficult thing to deal with. I am sure you will find a beautiful way to honor and celebrate this wonderful day.

Best to you and your fiancé.

Last edited by davekro; 04/28/09 08:25 PM.

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."