Ok first question, I just read the directions to the Radio Shack sound meter and it says to point the meter at the speaker. Then I just watched the Avia directions on how to use the sound meter. First the say the analog one is better than the digital one but I bought the digital then they say to point it at the ceiling when measuring? So which is right? At the speaker or at the ceiling?

Next question I first calibrated using the receivers test tones which were at 75db which is what I want. But I had to do a different adjustment on all the speakers? I pointed the meter at each speaker and here are the results:

FL 1.5
C -2.0
FR 0.0
SR-1.5
SL-0.5

Now does this look right? Granted the left side of the room is open to a about 3 more foot of space going to bedrooms and a stairway. The room is 11x17x10 with the fronts on the long wall.

My setup is M3 fronts vp100 center and QS8 rears. I don't have my subwoofer yet. I'm using a denon 3803. I tried to used my dvd players(rp91) test tones(in the menu) but no sound? The Avia tones worked but I didn't adjust anything with them. Thanks for any help and advice in advance!