I have to be the most unlucky guy in the world when it comes to this sub! I was making adjustments on the receiver because I just didn't feel I was getting enough out of the sub. so I set my sw volume on the receiver to 8.0 and the sub starting droning... I had to turn down all volumes then turned the sub off...

A few moments later I turned the sub back on, turned on the receiver, tried again to turn up the sub volume on the receiver, and now the subs started sounding like there was a helicopter playing on the TV, but there was none... once again, I turned down all volumes and it kept doing it until i powered down the sub again... only know there's a pop whenever I shut it down!

I don't know if it gets damaged in the delivery or what, but this is just ridiculous. I pay good money for a sub that can give me some power... but as soon as I crank up the volume it's starts having problems?? Can anyone tell me if the denon 3808 receiver is strong enough to push the 800? How can I check if it's the receiver or the sub that's doing this? I need to find a solution to this problem because I'm about to go Crazy!

- Majik

Epic 80 system
Ep 800
Denon 3808
Optoma HD20
PS3
vp180
extra QS8s (to come soon)