sirquack,

I was looking at your setup. My setup will be somewhat similar to yours but for now it is not a dedicated HT. For now i am still in the designing stages of this room. So everyone knows I am in the process of an upgrade to a better HT. I would love suggestions for seating distance, speaker placement etc etc. My future plans most likely include a PJ but for now it is an old Hitachi 53 inch RP HDTV (1080i only):( My next upgrade will probably be a 55 inch samsung led.

My thoughts about the room have gone from placing speakers throughout the room for HT/multichannel audio to basically splitting it in half. It is going to be a multipurpose/HT room. My speaker choice is leaning towards M60/M80 vp150 and 4 qs8's (eventually). Currently I am building a Rythmik ds1500 (vented model with the new 500 watt Rythmik amp).

This process is going to include rewiring the room (low voltage and some high voltage) tearing into sheet rock. Building a media rack etc etc. This a total remodel. The room was a garage and is becoming the HT/MP room.

Thanks for all the help
Bill

Last edited by BillH; 06/09/09 04:04 PM.