Hi all. I had another thread discussing the some of the problems with getting a phantom center to work properly with various Dolby Digital modes.

I'm considering trying out a center speaker again. I had a VP150 for a short time a couple of years ago, but was limited by placement. I had to place the center over the rear projection TV and was bothered by the height difference of the center and the L/R speakers.

Part of my upgrade plans are to replace the rear projection tv with an LCD TV. Has anyone had success placing a center (VP150) on the table directly in front of the LCD? This would be about the correct height. The main problem I can see is that the speaker height is taller than most stands LCDs sit on. I might need to place something under the TV to raise it so that it isn't blocked by the speaker. Has anyone done something like this?

Has anyone tried using two M22's (one on each side of the screen) for a center? Seems like this would make the sound appear to come directly from the middle of the screen (much like phantom center).