Originally Posted By: fredk
I am using the CD/DVD player in my computer. Media Monkey does not recognize the disc. Windows Media Player plays the disc, but I get no sound.

MOV seems to be an apple type thing. A container for holding audio, video and whatever other files. Probably DRMed too. I guess I need to check discs more carefully before buying.
Have you tried a real CD player? If the audio cable inside your computer isn't running from your CD/DVD-ROM to your sound card, you may not be able to hear the sound using Windows Media Player. If you must use your computer, try using CDex from http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/ . It's always shown me the audio tracks AND the enhanced portion of the disc. You can play the tracks from that program if you wish, but it's mostly a tool for ripping (copying) CDs to your computer.

From what I remember, a normal, unenhanced CD will have many cda files on the disc if you open it as a cd-rom in a computer. They're < 50 bytes I believe and likely point to the actual audio on the CD somehow. An enhanced CD doesn't have these. My assumption is that without these files, some media players (the ones that don't require that audio cable inside your computer) require those files to be there in order to find the audio on an audio CD.

Last edited by Scott64; 06/11/09 02:18 PM. Reason: Additional Information.