Originally Posted By: cb919
Joe,
Check out the Linksys page and you can filter by N wireless and Gigabit switching.

In my personal experience I like to go with Linksys. I have had the WRT310N for the past 6 months and have not had any issues. Prior to this router I have had two D-Links and I simply find the Linksys to be more stable and user friendly. Prior to getting the Linksys WRT310N, I tried the D-Link DIR-655 because it had rave reviews everywhere. I returned it for the Linksys as some of my wireless components just wouldn't reliably connect to it. Once replaced by the Linksys everything worked. Come to think of it i don't think i've been forced to reboot it once in 6 months.

Hope that helps.

I don't use wireless (for some of the reasons mentioned above and i don't own a laptop so i fail to see the point just yet) but i would also give a thumbs up to the Linksys brands. The hard wired models i've had over the years have been stellar, while i've had nothing but unintuitive manual reading headaches with Dlinks that friends bought against my recommendation.

About 4 years ago before we finished our basement, we wired up the place with Cat5e. Cat6 wasn't so popular or considered necessary at the time and Cat5e was already suggested as the next step short of going optical.
Still have yet to even get a gigabit system running (older NICs, older router).

Last edited by chesseroo; 06/16/09 01:02 AM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."