Chill, Randy, we're just joking around. It's something we do, mouthing off about all sorts of stuff. You're right, it's hard to imagine his life. So many handlers, wanna-bes, hangers-on, etc, that I'm sure it's hard for somebody in his situation to tell who is really looking out for his best interests.

I'm reminded of Britney Spears' current situation. She seems particularly ill-equipped mentally to handle fame, and that hanger-on Sam Lufti used her big time. She may very well have a serious mental illness, and at least seems very gullible/impressionable/daft. The courts had to intervene on her behalf and appoint her father guardian of her estate.

It's very heavy stuff to be declared unfit to manage your own estate, so I'm not sure that this could have or should have happened with MJ, but his final years certainly sound like they were pretty miserable. Certainly, if he is felt to be a competent person. i.e. has legal capacity to care for himself, then he bears responsibility for himself.

Again, what a sad, sorry mess his life became.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.