Let me start off with a story. Last week I went to visions to get a a/v receiver, an Onkyo TXSR806 and a new T.V stand. After bying the receiver and finding the stand I liked the sales person offered to sell me a Monster Home Theater PowerCenter HTS 1000 MKIII for 200$ CND. I know when I say monster most people will cringe a bit and so do I. But I bought it.... Yes I did, I told the guy for 150$ even no Tax I would. He said sure, so that day I walked out with my receiver, T.V stand and my new shiny monster power protection.

Oh my friends the story is not over yet. So that day I set up my T.V stand and unpack my reciver and get all the wires set up for when I order my Epic 60 - 500 ( Was getting the Epic Grand Master - 500 but them M60's looked to good, also ordering at end of month wife making me still wait) anyway I get it all ready but I did not plug in the monster yet b/c I did not have speakers so I did not need to plug in the receiver. Well a few days later I could not wait and unpacked some old speakers I had in the basement. Now I thought was the best time to test out the monster. Now trying to get the thing out of the plastic is hard, no I'm not a stick boy but man it took me 5 minutes to cut it open and get the thing out.

So I unplug my old Tripplite and put the monster in its place. I plug it in all is good the thing turns on it reads out 120. Did I forget to say its shiny, I like shiny things. First I plug in my HTPC all looks good then I plug in my receiver that is when I get finly see the greatness that is monster. It shuts off, just click off. the stupid thing does not work, first I think its the outlet so I plug it in the other side of the room, nothing won't even power up. So I get mad and plug in my old tripplite and everything works fine.

I have never bought monster before and I will not make the same mistake again.

Anyway what I would like to know is what kind of power protection do you use in your system. I was thinking of ordering an Berkin pureAV Power Console PF31 for 188$ CND. Has anyone used this before? I only want to spend under 200$ CND.

Thanks again for you help.

Last edited by rage96; 07/11/09 06:23 AM.