Originally Posted By: Family Man
your right, micah is right. I loved audio as a kid and to this day still do...

And do you remember the first time you went over to someone's house who had a truely magnificent audio set up that blew you away and you thought to yourself, "my God, if I had something that sounded this great I would be the happiest man in the world"!!!

That was the start of the addiction. Just like the crackhead who felt so good the first time he smoked a rock and has been searching ever since to get back to the point that first high got him to, your first listen of a hi-fi audio system is your benchmark. It doesn't matter that what you have now is probably light years better than whatever it was that 1st got you hooked, in your mind nothing will ever be able to touch that hi-mark!

But what you never knew was the way that person felt about the system you fell in love with! You never knew how much more he wanted to do, or how much better he thought it could sound once he did this or that to it.

You figured he must be the most satisfied person ever to own hi-fi audio equipment. But truth be told, he was just like you and I are with our own HT systems. The same goes for those who come over to sample our set-ups. They have no clue how much we dream about doing to our rigs to tweak them out. They probably figure we are in total audio bliss with such an awesome arrangement. Like there's no way we could ever want for anything.

But they have no clue how much dreaming we still do!

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD