Does the Sherwood have a way to display what inputs and outputs it is using at any given time? I can hit a button and display this on the TV with my Denon. Makes troubleshooting this type of problem much easier as it would confirm your theory.

Can't remember if you mentioned in your room size in previous posts but it sounds like you are craving more bass. If that's the case, I suspect you would be very happy with the renowned clarity of M22s coupled with a major boomer.

Sound theory number two: Your avatar (perhaps incorrectly) makes me think that maybe you are a Metal Man. Much of the metal I play is heavily compressed and probably sounds the crappiest of all on my M60s. When it's good it's Awesome but much of it sounds compressed to hell on really good accurate speakers. If this is the case, perhaps actually a less accurate speaker would be more forgiving for you. You'd be giving up the high end sound from good sources though. Definitely a trade off as now I bet you would miss it. Depends on your listening habits though. Whatever makes you the most happy in the end is the correct choice.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.