Quote:
The primary reason for the gas grill would be for cases where you want to cook outside without having to wait for coals etc...

Funny you should write that. I was reminded today that this was one of the reasons I was looking at gas bbqs. After running around all afternoon looking at bbqs, I really wanted a burger before heading off to work, but just didn't have the time to wait for coals to heat up.

That BGE looks cool, but at $600 CDN for the SmallGE, its waaay to rich for me.

I also looked at the gas grill I linked to in my first post and the Weber Q. I must say, I like the look of the Weber. It seems well designed and very compact.

Wid. Thanks for the link to the smokinator. That looks really cool. The Weber kettle its designed for is bigger than what I want on my balcony though.

Reading about smokers a little more, it seems like the Cobb is designed much like a smoker. It is meant to cook mostly by indirect heat and has a built in well for liquid. It is meant to run at a much higher temp than a smoker though.

So, how much smoke does a smoker generate. One thing I need to consider is that I am in an apartment. Neighbours, the landlord and local bylaw officers might not appreciate me generating enough smoke to simulate a small forest fire out on my balcony. \:o

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!