OK, here's the thing. Wattage ratings on speakers do not matter as related to loudness. They are only an indication of what the maximum power handling capacity of the speaker is. For example, if you put 400 watts through those Klipsh speakers, the driver(s) would sort of be blown across the room. As long as the speaker's rated power is above the amplifier's rated power, you should be fine. I believe the H/K 225 puts out about 50 watts per channel, so you're cool there.

What matters is the speaker's efficiency, listed as SPL. If you look at the M2s, the efficiency is 91 dB, which is pretty darn efficient. In other words, they only require a moderately powered amp to play moderately loud.

In addition, I would guess that the Klipsh power rating is, um, less than accurate. Or could be a total power for the system, or for the sats.

Also, you're in a dorm room, right? That's a pretty small area, so you won't need to be putting out massive amounts of sound in order for it to be perceived as loud. You might want to consider a subwoofer, though. (especially if you don't like your dorm mates...)

In short, the M2s should be just fine for your purpose.

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!