First of all, let me qualify what I am trying to achieve:

I have listened to Klipsch speakers and appreciate the highs and lows reproduced by the Reference line of speakers.

I am a bit put out by the prices that even "great deals" offer on the Reference line of Klipsch speakers.

I am not attempting to start a flame war nor am attempting to bash either Axiom or Klipsch.

I am trying to determine how the speakers offered by Axiom (although not being "horn" speakers) will compare soundwise to speakers offered in the Reference line of Klipsch.

For lack of a better term, it has been suggested that I would probably like Axiom speakers as both Axiom and Klipsch would be considered "bright".

I am hoping to find those who have listened to both sets to give their input to someone trying to get the most out of a budget for a set of "real" speakers as a replacement for a set of Sony VE-315 HTIB speakers.

I like speakers that make horns sound like horns, not subdued but also with enough bass response that will stand up to being run in analog direct mode from vinyl (bypassing the newly acquired SVS 20-39 PC+) and still reproduce baselines from a bass guitar and drums correctly and with presence.

As an added avenue: Any Axiom owners in Austin, Texas who would agree to a demonstration?

Regards,

WhatFurrer

"Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup..."