Hey ...i know...... im not thinkin of buying a HT system... if i was i wouldnt even have to ask this question.

I have a relative visiting here who is putting together an HT system and he has asked me for some advice. He already bought a Onkyo reciever. i dont know the model number.. It was around 1k though. And he needs to buy speakers next. He wants 7.1 since thats what the reciever has.

He said he has read alot of reviews and all kinds of stuff (amazing i havent run into him online) and it sounds like hes nearly decided on Aperion system but he has done his homework and is thinkin of buying an HSU or Sunfire sub instead of the aperion one.

How do those lil aperions compare to the axioms... probbly the grand master system since thats about the price range hes looking at... he hasnt heard my M80's yet so maybe he will want those hehe that would be cool. I was looking at the aperion site and i dunno much about them things. I think the only thing that makes them seem better than the axioms is that they use 1 inch HDF instead of the 3/4 inch HDF axiom uses.

Which sub would you reccomend for either of the systems.?

Any ideas on a SACD/DVDP in the 500 dollar price range?

I want to talk him into axioms since im an axiomite. duh. but i dont see much wrong with the aperions so i dont wanna tell him to buy something else just because i like it better. I dunno. after he hears mine and i talk to him and see what he wants more i might be able to help him get something but now im just wondering how these aperions compare to the axioms. I shouldnt have to ask but i dont follow HT stuff as much as stereo. thanks guys.