I am getting ready to buy my Axiom's but first I need to run speaker wire to my surround locations.

Scenario:
My living room has no attic (vaulted ceiling) and no sub-floor (Townhome). I two options to get wire to the back of the room.
1. Hide it behind crown molding (maybe someday)
2. Run it under the floor (project approved by wife)

Project:
I am installing a 640 sq/ft of laminate flooring tomorrow. I have cut a hole behind the entertainment center for the speaker terminal box. I slit the wall about 4 inches from the floor to insert the wire into. The molding is 4.5 inches and will cover this.

The left surround will be mounted on the side of the stairs. The speaker wire has been poked through to the closet space and will be run up the wall to the proper location.

The right surround will be mounted to the wall near the back door. I found a fire block about four feet up that I will need to drill through. Not sure on how to do that yet.

I am hoping the floor boards don't have any problem with the wire height as small as it is. I will post more pics later. This gets me just a few small steps closer to purchasing my Axioms! WOO HOO!!

Any suggestions are welcome!

-Mike