An Axiom newbie here requesting some help in deciding which subwoofer would best fit my setup.

I will be receiving M3's in triplicate (hopefully tomorrow) to serve as my front soundstage. This is my first set of 'nice' speakers. My dad has a sweet setup with B&W speakers and I'm hoping that the M3's can get me close to or on par SQ wise. Old Panasonic speakers from an unused HTIB are filling in as my surrounds (5.1) until I can afford something better.

My receiver is a Denon AVR-590. My 'home theater' sits along a wall in a room that is roughly 18x23 and has one side completely open to the rest of the house.

The room is fully carpeted and has shelves lined with children's toys, books and assorted plastic bins.

The viewing/listening position is only 8ft from the screen and front speakers.

The system will be used equally for music and movies/tv. I listen to a wide range of genres from Jazz to Metal to R&B and Hawaiian. With young children in the house, the volume will rarely be turned up to reference levels.

Generally, I value musical accuracy and good low end extension over impact, but do appreciate a hard hitting sub during movies.

I will need to save up for this purchase so price is not a major consideration at this time, but getting the best bang for my buck is a high priority.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Aloha,

Brian