I'm about to purchase a set of QS8s and I'm trying to figure out the best way to mount them in my apartment, and would appreciate any input. These will be my first surround speakers. I just got my set of M60s a few weeks ago and love them, and my QS8s will be next along with the VP150 center. Room size is 15' L 14' W 8' H, so not much room. Living in an apartment such as mine, I'd rather not drill holes in the walls that I'd have to fix later before moving (hopefully soon.)The mounts that are included with the speakers would of course be the most economical way to go about it, but again I have to consider the cost of repairing the holes later on.

The FMS QS stands are nice, but I really can't see spending almost $300 on one pair of stands.

Could the slight tilt that is made from the full metal brackets make it possible for better sound, as opposed to just flat against the wall with the included mounts?

I'm considering using the full metal brackets, if they would provide better placement for any improvement in sound quality, which would still much cheaper the the floor stands. I realize the surround speaker placement guides don't have to be followed exactly, and it all depends on my preference really in my listening environment. But placing the side surround speakers flat on the walls in the corners that I would put them in seems like some sound would be blocked by the wall, whereas the FMB could tilt each speaker to face directly at the listening point.

M60|VP150|2xQS8|PSA XS30+Epik Empire|Pioneer Kuro 6010FD|PS3|Denon AVR-X4000|Parasound 5250v.2|