Gentlemen,

I've had my Axiom setup for a few years now (Epic 60-500), mated with Outlaw equipment (990/7125), Oppo DVD player and a Motorola 6412 cable box (Shaw Cable). Over this time I've thoroughly enjoyed my system, primarily watching cable television and movies, with some occasional music.

However, for some time now, I've come to notice quite a bit of sibilance from dialog, particularly watching cable television. I recognize that cable recordings aren't always great but it seems that I notice the sibilance on a wide variety of cable programming and also notice it when watching DVDs. I notice it less with music (which I listen to in Dolby Prologic II, utilizing my center channel).

Are there any methods by which I can try and reduce or eliminate some of this sibilance? I'm starting to fixate on it, particulary watching cable, and it is becoming somewhat annoying.

My receiver does have a 'Theater Compensation' setting which basically rolls off the high frequency range. I have tried this and it does help somewhat, but it tends to deaden the overall sound quality which I don't prefer. I do prefer the detail that my system provides but I'd like to reduce the sibilance. The sshhs and ttthhhs are driving me a bit nuts!

Any thoughts or advice? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Bryan