Originally Posted By: snazzed

Now I've also heard another Mid-fi line, by Focal. I've never heard anything like their entry-level floorstanders before. Maybe the sales-guy lucked out on the position when he set them up but they had an amazing lack of presence. By that I mean the soundstage and imaging were so good I almost couldn't look at the speakers. My eyes kept going to the "location" of the vocalist or guitar. If I recall correctly the detail was above average but not amazing, and they were a little light on the low-end.

I don't suppose anyone can compare Axioms to the Focal Chorus line? I listened to the 714's.

I can't compare the two for you, but Focal is a solid speaker company in terms of drivers. I have owned them and am not shocked you liked the sound. They have been making some of the best mobile audio drivers available for many years - with prices exceeding $5,000 for the Beryllium Utopia Be speaker, without a box, just drivers and crossovers!

And from the Utopia Home Series it looks like they figured out how to use a saw for some cabinets as well (WOW!). But dollar for dollar, Axiom generally comes out on top of comparisons with companies like Focal (of JM Labs).

What was the price of the Chorus line?

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire