A friend’s neighbor is moving to Europe and is selling his home and everything in it. I don’t know what this guy is worth, but to put his worth into perspective, he just sold one of his two Gulf Streams and he has a personal helicopter that he parks on the hello pad in his front yard. I’ve never seen anything like this….some of the stuff this guy has is just difficult to fathom until you actually see it. He has a room in his basement that must be 40 X 40 that is a complete, wall to wall, custom built train set. All the trains are controlled by touch screen monitors, incredible. He has remote controlled air planes and helicopters all over the place and these things are huge. I don’t know what scale, but one plane has at least a 12’ wing span.

He’s been having yard sales for the past couple of months and he’s down to his last remaining items, including some A/V gear and the rest of his wine cellar. I bought a couple cases of French first and second growths and burgundy’s a few weeks ago. Now I’m thinking about buying some speakers. I have absolutely no use for them, but they seem to be one heck of a bargain, and they look gorgeous. He bought these less than a year ago and I bet they have less than 100 hours of use. I need to make an offer within the next couple of days, and figured I’d ask this crowd for some input before I jump on this. He has a McIntosh seven channel pre and amp he’s selling too. I did not get to listen to these as the system was broke down and ready to be carried out the door.

This is what he’s selling and the prices he is asking:

McIntosh MC207 7 channel amplifier
McIntosh MX120 AudioVideo preamplifier
Asking $8000 for the pair of McIntosh pieces.

Dali S600 sub $2000 (purchase price)
Dali C200 Mark 2 center channel $2000 (purchase price)
Dali 800 Mark 2 floor speakers, $10,000 (purchase price)
Dali W200 on wall, $6000 (purchase price)
Asking $15,000 for the whole set.

http://dali-speakers.com/display_content.php/USA/speakers.html/95/483