I didn't want to start a new thread, but I couldn't really find another topic close to this in the search engine.

I have a motorolla dvr set top box in my system. It is hooked up to my HK247 through HDMI to my projector. My system goes a little something like this:

Motorolla >==component==> HK247
Xbox360 >==HDMI==> HK247
PS3 >==HDMI==> HK247

HK247 >==HDMI==> HD70(projector)
HK247 >==component==> HD70

My problem is whenever I watch anything on cable, it's either a nice bright picture or it's a very dull dim picture. I have no problems with the xbox360 or the ps3's picture.

Whenever I turn on my system, I power on the projector, then the receiver and finally the set top box. My projector will always pick the HDMI input at 720p first and I have a very dull and dim picture. If I force my receiver to go to a different source (i.e. dvd) then I turn it back to the cable source, the projector will pick the Component input at 1080i and I have a nice bright picture.

Although I love the picture, this is just a pain in the but to do all the time, I just don't remember doing this all the time on my other faulty set-top boxes. Has anybody ever experienced this?

2 = M60,4 = QS8's,1 = VP150,1 = EP350,1 = EP500
HK247
Optoma HD70,110" DIY screen
Xbox360 & PS3