thanks for the reply... I am replacing my larger Grafyx bookshelfs that I rebuilt with better speakers and crossovers years ago. With a near 24" height, they no longer fit with the new built ins I just installed.
I just spent the last hr listening to them on the floor (w/o sub) and they still sound great.. actually better than when they were placed on the shelf, except I can hear signs of a woofer going. I am debating about keeping these in the mix as B speakers. Anyway. stereo is older Pioneer, amp, peamp, eq etc , their top line at the time. No settings, actually have to route the sub to the speakers. I am weighing the subjective sound reviews that I have read about these 2 speakers against each other. From these reviews I get the idea that the M2 probably has a better "quality" sound with a wider soundstage, neutral mids and highs vs the M3's increased bass response and maybe slightly more volume with less neutrality. If my take of the reviews is correct the M2 would definitely be the way to go if I keep my other speakers in the mix, maybe not if I don't. I am leaning towards trying M2 and if not satisfied moving up to the M3.