We are having an another unusually warm winter her in the Maritimes. It has, with very little exception, been bordering just above or below zero degrees Celsius (32 f).

It's all relative to what you are used to and how smartly you dress. Layers are the key to adapting to our quickly changing weather. That way you can adjust quickly when the day starts out sunny and calm +2 but then a cold front moves in and by the day's end it's -15 with a wind chill factor taking it to -30 or more.

Most here start to talk about the weather when it hits -20 to -25 and start to really grumble when it hits -30. It won't make the news until it hits -35 to -40 and that's usually to due to the added wind chill.

When it's not windy, I prefer to strap on a headlight and go for a ski at night verses complaining. If you dress sensibly, the only thing unpleasant are the coyote tracks. Fleece is your friend. Cotton is your enemy.

Right now the weather is my enemy. It's been too warm to build up any decent snow for skiing (horizontal or vertical) and that makes me more grumpy than the cold.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.