I am currently researching components for a new high quality stereo system and Axiom speakers are high on my list.

I listen mostly to rock, pop and blues but very much appreciate good sonics, detail and well recorded material.

At this time I am trying to determine whether or not floor standing speakers such as the M60 or M80 would be
too large or overkill for my room.

My listening room has the following dimensions: 16 feet long x 11.5 feet wide x 8 feet high.

Due to locations of room openings, windows, TV and furniture my present (and future) speakers will be centered
along the longer (16 ft) wall and are about 8 feet apart and are both about 3 or 4 feet from the side walls.
The rear of each speaker is about 12 inches away from the wall (wish that was more but have limited space.)

My listening couch is located along the other 16 ft wall. This places my ears about 8 feet away from the
speakers and creates roughly an equilateral triangle between myself and the speakers.

Part of me would prefer the fuller (and more base capable) features of a floor standing speaker versus a
smaller bookshelf monitor.

1) Would the M60 or M80 be too powerful for my room?

2) With my relatively close listening position (8 feet from speakers), is 8 feet enough distance for a floor standing
speaker to adequately disperse its "sound field"?

3) Will they be too bass heavy for such a room?

4) Observing that they have rear ports (as many speakers do), is 12 inches between the rear of the speaker
and the wall too little? (Should it be 2 or 3 feet, for example?)

I would appreciate any advice or insights that forum members may have.

Ron