Hi everyone!

I came across Axiom and this forum on a search for my first home theatre / music system, and I must say, I'm quite impressed. I've read through many posts to get myself acquainted with Axiom and the best it has to offer, and decided that it was time to sign up for this forum and ask the experts myself. Everyone on here seems very willing to help out from the reading I've done thus far!

My Background:

I will be moving into a new home in the spring and will be looking to put together a nice, future-proof music / ht system for years to come. The room size is 16.5' x 13.6' Link: http://www.mattamyhomes.com/uploadedFile...h_honeygate.pdf

I live in Canada and bought the Pioneer 9040 / Elite 21 on boxing day for a good price at Future Shop ($599), so my receiver is purchased. I also made the mistake of getting rear surrounds built into my ceiling (to avoid running wires), so won't be needing the QS series surrounds. (I know, not a match, oops)!

The system will be used for 50% music (hip-hop, pop, country and everything else in between!), and the remainder Xbox, TV, and hometheatre. I will not be able to use a subwoofer here, as were in a townhome and space is limited as it is. I may add one in the future however when we move on from this place.

Questions:

1) Since I will be without a woofer, I trust that the M60's or M80's are the way to go up front? From my reading it seems that the M22's require a sub to get the full effect, and M3's will not have the oomph I am looking for in 2 channel music. Any comments? Would my receiver even handle the 4ohm loads of the M80's?

2) For the centre channel, Is the VP-150 worth the extra dough? I would prefer to go with the smaller VP-100 if the difference is minimal due to size. I would guess that the VP-150 would be a better match for the larger M60's and M80's however?

3) Most of the music I will listen to will be from my Ipod and connector cable I got with the Pioneer receiver, which concerns me from what I've read. My downloaded music is anywhere from 128 to 320 quality-wise, and I'm wondering if Axioms would butcher these songs due to the detail and clarity being audiophile-type speakers? (Should I be looking at more mainstream equipment altogether)? I'll also be running radio through this system!

4) Is there anything else I should consider before jumping on the Axiom train? I've heard some say it is too "bright" for music due to the tweeters. Anyhow, I'm leaning towards the M60's and VP-100 at the moment. Seems like a steal when shopping comparable Paradigms!

Any input would be much appreciated, thanks for taking the time to help me out!

Last edited by Chris23; 01/16/10 09:16 PM.