Sorry to hear about your fridge, Michael. Not sure how much advice I can offer up but I spent some time looking at new fridges with my neighbour who's wife insisted they replace a perfectly working one with a more "updated" one. Anyway, we have a couple of local Sears Clearance/Liquidation outlets, so that is where they started to look. They decided on a "counter depth" Kenmore refridgerator with the freezer on the bottom(swing door, not pull out). I can't speak for all Kenmore fridges, but this particular one was made by Samsung which has virtually the same unit under their own name.

As far as stainless goes, there are different types. Some are "no marr" where others seem to leave a lot of finger prints, so that might be something to keep in mind. Counter depth fridges CAN be more expensive than regular depth fridges, but if your limited to width you might want the extra depth of the standard fridge.

Although you've probably ruled out another side by side, I've heard some complaints about certain brands(LG? I think it was) in that the seals on each door rub together when they close, thereby wearing out the seal prematurely(in this case, only 1 year).

Also make sure if you choose a bottom freezer, that it has some room in it. I've noticed some of the pull out style are very restricted spacewise.

Last edited by Adrian; 01/30/10 04:16 PM.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.