So my wife and I are looking at building a house... hopefully sometime this year.

We found a floor plan from a local builder that we are leaning towards. It is an open floor plan and the kitchen/living room are basically connected. We are not buying a house large enough for a separate theater room so the living room will be where all of my current axiom gear goes.

My plan is to have everything pre-wired for surround sound. Please see the image below:

My initial plan is to run 12 gauge speaker wire from the AVR rack to the FL,FR,C,SL,and SR (although I could only have wire ran for the surrounds and just run the wire for the front speakers along the floor). I am not sure where I will end up placing the sub though (just randomly drew it in on the above image)

I could take this opportunity to have sub cable ran to a couple of locations. I am thinking that if I went with a 5.2 setup I could place the 2 subs directly under the surround speakers. Would 1 sub on each side (but slightly behind) the listening area be ok? Is a special sub cable required for in wall installations?

As far as electrical wiring: Should I have all of the outlets on the wall with the AV equipment ran to the same 20amp fuse on their own circuit? If I have sub cable ran to the SL and SR locations should I have outlets here on the same 20 Amp circuit?

Any general thoughts about my planned layout are appreciated.

Thanks

-David