It looks like I'm making the move to hi-def video production this week. Funny enough, the "corporate" guys like me are pretty much the last to do so. Consumers are shooting HD, the wedding guys are shooting HD because their customers can buy a BD player for their home, and, of course, the broadcasters are doing it. But the corporate guys like me don't have much market for it yet: Boardrooms don't have BD players, and a training or sales video doesn't do you any good if no one can play your BD discs in their office.

This time, instead of purchasing a turnkey system from a local integrator, I'm considering building my own based upon this build recommendation. These guys have a good reputation and don't sell most of the stuff on this list, so it seems they "don't have a dog in this fight"...(I hate that phrase!) and won't be biased.

Anyway, I've never built a computer before and have some reservations, despite the fact that many of you have done it and describe it as easy. I'm spending so much time making this big changeover, if I have to teach myself the advantages of different motherboards and learn bios settings, I'll just pay someone else to build it for me. But, it seems that an equivalent turnkey system would cost at least double the $2K they estimate this system to cost, so I like the idea of just using the components of their recommended build.

Does anyone have a any general thoughts regarding building computers in general or sites that they particularly recommend to beginners? I don't even know how to get started other than getting the hardware into the case!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::