Originally Posted By: topspin
Also can someone suggest a good site to buy the cables? Radio shack is unreasonably expensive.

+1 for Monoprice. Super cheap and 100% functional cable. \:\) Micah's 100% right about the "just-in-case" theory. I've accumulated a mini audio parts warehouse in my basement of Monoprice cables, just-in-case. Very useful when a co-worker needs to borrow an RCA cable, or when a friend upgrades to an HDTV on Christmas Morning and forgot to pick up an HDMI cable. ;\)

However, if you want slightly higher quality stuff*, check out Blue Jeans Cable . I've bought all of my speaker wire and most of my analog interconnects from them. I have always been very happy with the price & quality of the products.

*For whatever the reason may be. Whether you believe it makes a difference in the sound quality, you just want nicer looking and/or feeling cable and connectors, or you just like spending a little extra money to support a small "mom and pop" kind of operation. I do not intend to start a "wire matters" discussion. ;\)

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office