alrighty i will set you on the right path. you will need one of the power plant models by PS audio. they are of the highest quality and will do wonders to your audio. the ac power coming in has more signals in it than a long distance phone line, and doesnt always run at 115 volts. with one of these PS audio units you will get clean power and constant power. that your system needs.

ok ok.. that works over at AA but not here!

If you are going to get a surge protector (i dont use one) get something HALFWAY decent. the ones you find at any discount store are junk. If you take them apart you will see what i mean. there are some decent surge protector/ line conditioners for a couple hundred bucks if you shop around, you may or may not notice a difference. I do like the offerings from PS audio, if only i had the money. at the moment i have my stuff plugged directly into my wall outlets. simply because i dont want to have it all coming off some cheap pos surge protector and because i put a dedicated 20 amp line in as well as hospital grade plugs so i want to take full advatage of that stuff. If you want something that i would feel ok with putting in my system you should probbly expect to spend around 100 bucks. just for a surge protector, not counting a conditioner.