Current speaker setup: Bose 301 mains
Cambridge Soundworks CenterStage
Cambridge Soundworks Surround 5.1's
Cambridge Soundworks Newton
MC100 (Surround rear)

Room: 11' x 18' approx. Speakers on 11' wall blowing down the 18' length. Seating approx 7' to 10' from screen and speakers.

I'm upgrading to the M22ti's for mains, and have chosen the VP150 for the center. The Cambridge Soundworks surrounds will have to do until I hit the lottery.

I'm upgrading from the CenterStage, not because it doesn't sound good, but because, in order to achieve good speech intelligibility, I have to crank up the volume to lease breaking levels (pity my neighbor in the adjoining townhouse). I've been agonizing over the choice of the VP100 versus the VP150. I first ordered the VP100 because the Axiom VP100 web page says "Tired of turning up the volume so you can hear what characters are saying? The VP100 anchors intelligible movie dialog at your TV, delivering clear, balanced sound throughout the room." I said "AH HA! That's for me!" But then I made the mistake of reading all your comments on the VP100 vs. the VP150 in this forum. (It'll probably turn out that all of you are Axiom employees):-) You all seem to favor the 150 over the 100. Also I noticed that the driver configuration of the 100 is the same as the CenterStage (dual 5.25" woofers, with a 1" tweeter in the middle), while the 150 has triple 5.5" woofers with dual 1" tweeters at the ends. So, I changed my order to the VP150.

My question is, Am I gonna get better speech intelligibility, without torturing my neighbor, with the 150 as opposed to the 100? And, will either do better than the CenterStage (I hope,Please!)

Thanks all.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton