The best fishing I ever experienced was when I was a teenager. I went on a 109 mile canoe trip in northern Saskatchewan. We wouldnt even see people for a couple days at a time. We stopped at a place called Stanley Mission well at that time there wasnt even a road to there. The road was still quite a few miles away. We did come across these flyin fishing camps once in a while. The country up there is just beautiful, nothing but trees and lakes everywhere, a stark contrast to southern Saskatchewan. We were like real voyageurs, there were areas where we would have to portage. We took provisions with us, but some days we were slated to eat fish, so we had to catch fish.
Well anyways getting back to the best fishing ever. It was where this very small river emptied into this lake. We were pulling the picoral out of there about 1 fish every five minutes.
I actually recieved a certificate from the Saskatchewan proclaiming me as a genuine Saskatchewan voyageur. I dont know if its still like that but if anyone ever has a chance to take a canoe trip or even just camping, jump on it.The canoe trip especially was just fantastic, I mean you go into prestine wilderness, no people, and talk about scenic beauty. I would call it the experience of a lifetime.