Originally Posted By: Dr.House

I would tend to agree with you here. I'm not big on internet speaker brand electronics (amps,processors,receivers). From a customer perspective from the outside looking in, the history surrounding the reliability and quality control problems of internet brand electronics is stagerring across the board. It does not appeal to me at all. To me it seems the ID model brands try to hit price points with their electronics which are unnatainable (based on the MSRP compared to other competition) in order to compete with some of the bigger and more reliable brands and therefore shortcuts are taken (parts, quality control, r&d, slim budgets). Even Axiom as of late I have noticed a fair number subwoofer problems in the amp section on the EP500 and EP800.

I purchased an SVS for mostly these kind of reasons. They are an ID company as well but overall the product is very solid, I have driven mine quite hard and have no issues. The amp is made in Canada and the driver/unit itself is all USA, and it's about the same price as an EP350 (talking PB12-NSD here) and performs better. I don't know where Axiom is sourcing the amps, or if they are doing them themselves, but they should be able to compete in price/performance/reliability based on what I have seen with SVS/HSU.