Just before winter, I had to get my two best friends (who are landscapers) to repair the interlocking stone at my front door. Upon removing the stones, they found out that the brick from under my front door had been totally chiseled out, and the wood from my foundation is open to the elements.

The previous homeowners had a poured concrete walkway, and whoever installed it, removed the house brick so the concrete walkway would come right up to the foundation of the house. Yes, I know this doesn't make any sense and is completely ridiculous.

When my best friend redid my walkway with interlocking stone, he, nor anyone else for that matter, mentioned anything after the old concrete walkway was removed; which is kind of frustrating, but such is the past.

It was causing a leak into my basement, but that is remedied as I tore down that basement wall and insulated it leaving a small gap between the installation and foundation, thus allowing the water coming in and down the foundation to dry.

Okay, enough rambling on. Does anyone know how this should be properly repaired? I'm obviously going to get a professional, I just like to know what should be done before they tell me.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cam

The picture above and below show the exposed wood.

The only reasonable argument for owning a gun is to protect yourself from the police.