hey guys it's van, back from enjoying my system i bought a couple of months ago.

i have the m60 vp150 and qs8's. For the sub Im using a definitive technology supercube II. the reciever im currently running is the onkyo tx sr 607 but it's time to go up the ladder.

im looking at the Marantz SR 6004 or the Denon 3310ci any advice would be appreciated.

?1 i've heard about the (POD) pops of death issues on the marantz, should that influence my decision

?2 denon sound or marantz sound or what reciever sound?

?3 im looking for real seperation basically. i like my 607 but can't help but wonder what a higher-end amp will sound like. my 607 sounds great, yet it sounds like one big ball of sound, where as to im looking for more of a distinc, thin, seperate kind of surround sound if that makes any sense.

i did hear at a friends house a denon 3805 he didn't have it calibrated but it had that thin, seperate sound to it, best i can describe it.

anyways basically im in the market for a great reciever and can't for the life of me decide. if anyone has any considerations and experience it would be greatly appreciated. all i care about is Sound Quality, must have new codecs dolby true and dts master. also im using hight speakers. ( i used some old onkyo HTIB speakers for the hights since they add some ambience but very little and the set up looks pretty cool) :0) 90% movies 10% music. I'll have it connected to 55'plasma, xbox 360, PS3, and Directv HDDVR, i don't care about zones i have sound in every room LOL

tx in advance.. AXIOM ROCKS

Last edited by Vanorge; 04/19/10 05:55 PM.