I'm really really sorry Bigwill.
My wife has been glaring at me ever since i went on my own hunt for a high powered stereo amp for the Tannoys. I know what it is like, believe me.

But those Monitor Silver series...they just sound darn good. What can i say other than gee, i would LOVE to hear the Gold series!
Monitor Audio makes a great speaker.

As for all speakers though, give them some good power and volume is not a concern. As for soundstage well, i cannot say the room i heard them in was all that well designed to really test out the soundstage.
I've had problems placing my M60s too though. I would say both speakers really need some space.
If you liked the S6s, you would probably enjoy the S8s too. Again more bass than Axioms (probably place the S8s more in line with the M80s) but it is a larger tower as well, more similar in size to the M60s.

As for the Veritas, well they did sound like a well made speaker, but i much preferred the high end of the Monitors. I may have to go back again just to dream.
I'm out of places to build any new stereo systems. Hmm, maybe our next house will have a third room of some kind for equipping.....

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."