Originally Posted By: BWeasner
Actually, if you want to quote Trent, then it should be:

"I wear this crown of sh*t Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts I cannot repair"

Do you think that Johnny Cash's version was more famous than NIN's...just curious about your opinion?

I went with the Johnny Cash version since I try to keep my offensive language to a minimum on a public forum. (Yes, I sometimes fail.) However I seem to remember hearing in a JC interview that Trent told him that "thorns" was his original wording prior to publishing.

I think who's version is more popular depends on who you ask. Thousands of dedicated country fans would probably 'thorn' themselves if they discovered who really wrote what they consider Cash's swan song.

In any case, the younger generation probably are most familiar with Sad Kermit's version. Laugh at that if you will until you watch it. It brings at least as many tears as Cash's video.

By the way. Trent is giving away music again. His new band "How to Kill Angels" has a free EP giveaway on the Nine Inch Nails Web sight. It's very much the the same NiN style, dark, industrial electronica but the female singer adds a bit of a new dimension.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.