Following hot on the heels of the VP180 (which was the first Axiom loudspeaker I had the pleasure to work on) we have been noticing the subject of a "VP160" popping up in the VP180 thread. There are a number a good reasons that such a centre channel might make sense for us to look into, number one being that it would be an 8 ohm load which is an important consideration for some receivers. And naturally we don't want to deny those that can't drive a VP180 the opportunity to own a big centre channel!
The problem from an engineering standpoint is the driver complement of the M60 that the VP160 would have to match. Simply popping the M60 drivers into a horizontal cabinet would result in an asymmetrical driver layout which is bad news for a centre channel. So, we'd like your thoughts on what you'd like to see in a VP160. The early discussions I have had with Ian on the subject are pointing towards an VP180 driver complement in an M60 sized cabinet with only one midrange in the middle. I look forward to hearing your ideas!

Andrew