I owned a Crosman 760 BB gun when I was a kid.

I'm wanting to get something for, ummmm, small, aviation-capable feathered nuisances. I called my local PD to ensure that discharge of an airgun is legal in city limits, and that targeting small, aviation-capable feathered creatures was legal. I was told that it is legal, as long as the small, aviation-capable feathered creatures aren't a protected species. When I started reading some user-reviews of airguns, I was lead towards something beyond that old 760... namely, a Remington Vantage that was on sale. I'm sure of my target and what lies beyond my target.

I have placed the scope, but not zeroed anything nor discharged the gun yet. I'm wondering if I overbought, though. I'm finding myself thinking that the small, aviation-capable feathered creature won't simply drop from it's perch, clutching it's little heart in a Fred-Sanford-inspired death spiral, but rather the small, aviation-capable feathered creature will explode in a flurry of feathers reminiscent of a small, aviation-capable feathered creature-inspired fireworks shell.

Any thoughts?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::